Visa acquiring process(Sponsoring Spouse)
- To be a sponsor, you must be 18 years of age or older. Your spouse can be inside or outside Canada at the time of application.
- To be eligible to become a sponsor for spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, to become permanent residents of Canada, you must promise to support them financially. Therefore, you have to meet certain income requirements.
- If you have previously sponsored relatives to come to Canada and they have later turned to the government for financial assistance, you may not be allowed to sponsor another person.
To be eligible to sponsor in this category:
- You must provide financial support for a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner for three years from the date they become a permanent resident.
Eligibility for Spouse
- You are eligible to apply under this visa as a spouse if you are married to your sponsor and your marriage is legally valid.
For people who were married in Canada:
- You must have a marriage certificate issued by the province or territory where the marriage took place.
For people who were married outside Canada:
- The marriage must be valid under the law of the country where it took place and under Canadian law.
- A marriage performed in an embassy or consulate must comply with the law of the country where it took place, not the country of nationality of the embassy or consulate.
Limelight – Sponsoring Spouses and Dependent Children Visa
- If your application for this family visa is approved, the visa office will issue a permanent resident visa to you.
- Your permanent resident visa includes your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and your entry visa.
- As permanent residents, you and your family members will have the right to live, study and work in Canada for as long as you remain permanent residents .
- Apply for Canadian citizenship, and if granted, apply for a Canadian passport once you have been a legal permanent resident for three of the four previous years.
have a nice day…